Only finding security in cash means of payment is not very stable. Money can quickly become useless in a crisis. Gold then? Gold is said to be relatively value-proof and a safe placement … Well, now we will talk about what might be the hard currency in a major crisis.
Have you ever wondered what would happen if money disappeared or became worthless? What would you pay with then?
In a world of worthless money, those who have gold will of course try to sell it. But what happens if so many people try to sell at the same time? Well, the price of gold will be raging in the bottom. Being able to sell gold also requires a functioning financial system.
When money and gold has no function, you need to revert to a barter. Here are tips on what might be more worth in a scenario above if we ignore the most basic human needs.
- Shampoo – Everybody wants to become clean at least some time, even in an apocalyptic world.
- Sunscreen – Depending on the climate and location sunscreen cream can be more valuable than gold.
- Dog and cat food – Animals are good companions in difficult times, and they also need to eat. In addition, it is no problem for people to feed on industrially produced pet food.
- Buckets etc. – Most people need to be able to carry water.
- Baby powder – Prevents chafing occurs and several other medical benefits. Among other things, it can be used as a shampoo and detergent.
- Baking powder – The main ingredient for making your own toothpaste.
- Superglue – Broken things must be repaired if nobody produces new.
- Musical instruments – Music has always played an important role in groups of people in an emergency.
- Card and board games – Just like music. Improves mental health.
- Fuel – Clearly. But gasoline and diesel are not the easiest to store a large amount of.
What can gold practically be used for?
In addition to being sold, smaller amounts of gold can be used to relieve rheumatic arthritis and dry eyes.
Gold can be used for copper as an electron capacitor. In case of emergency, it is possible to make a generator of gold.
Finally, gold is really suitable for a purpose. It’s like bullets in ammunition, if there’s a lack of lead. The properties of the two metals are largely equivalent.